Sunday, March 26, 2017

bulking up



Bulking it in a bit with Paperclay.  I'm beginning to get the feel of Paperclay, which is like a clumpy bar of plaster oatmeal.  It doesn't hold together well for something like this, but I'm using it for shape rather than detail at least until I know the stuff better.  I'll definitely need the Porcelain Miiliput when it gets time to attempt a face.  I'll keep bulking him in a little where needed, but not so much I can't add a sealing layer of putty overtop.  This guy wears baggy clothes, so I'm not too worried about that.

He'll be holding a staff.  I'll want a rod of durable metal, hard to bend, that I can wrap putty around.  It needs to taper a bit.  I have a wooden dowel that's the right circumference where he grips it, and I've wrapped a sleeve of paper around it to model a hand on.  After all, I can't have the hand adhere to the dowel.  I'll try to make the hands from Sculpey over floral wire.   Must go buy a few more blocks. I'm starting to get the hang of that stuff too.  Get enough and I should try a figure using just that.  Maybe a larger scale though...I'd like to do something in 1/10, 1/8, 1/6, 1/4.  At some point half-size or lifesize. If I can do one of each soon, each scale  will help me learn the shapes. 

I removed some of the Sculpey from Jesseca's project.  That figure looks much better now, stylized without being quite so cartoonish. The body is built around a paper tube into which will go a wooden dowel.  Next step will be to sculpt a head onto the wooden dowel.  With the head done, it will be easier for me to place the upper opening of a ceremonial collar.   I scribed lines into the front of the dress - not bad but I can do a more even job of it and so smoothed the marks away.  That comes before the arms, which will have to be before the shoulders so that the arms can move freely - they won't be placed in position until the arms are full and armbands placed.  Then ornamental jewelry and mark the lower boundaries where the collar will go.

No drawing today.  I have not been able to sleep, cannot quieten my mind.  Drawing for me is like a walk in a Spring or Fall rain, or doing a jigsaw puzzle to good music.  I'm too jittery and tired for it today.   


**************

Next time someone asks me what happened between Dana and me, I won't have any reason anymore not to tell them.  I don't care. For thirty years I've been protective toward someone who doesn't give a fuck whether I even exist.  It's a joke.


**************

Another fight with my asshole sister.  I don't live here, this is not life.  I endure this abuse for my mom's sake.  Karla's been running me down since I was a small child.  Nothing I do is ever right.  Nothing I don't do is ever right.  Trump is her hero: neither one believes in taking responsibility for their words or actions.   Power means keeping everyone else down.

Treat someone like that all their lives, it sinks in.

I've tried to remember whether there was even one good memory of Karl in my life.  There is not,  When we went to the beach, it was her friend that saved me from drowning.  Pointed out to her, she said to leave me alone as I was just playing.

the other day I almost tripped over the edge of the bathtub getting in to take a shower.  I could have cracked my head on the porcelain and bled out.  When I go out, part of me hopes I'll get hit by a car or have a power line fall on me.

I like the Buddhist  belief of reincarnation.  I want to try again fresh with another life.  I wish I were free to end the current failure.  Someday I will be.

**************



Taken with camera, limited editing, rendered grainer than it should be.   Still, we'll see if the scanner can do a better job when it's done.  Did a half hour of repair work, and her jacket is finally starting to look like leather again instead of a battered pea coat.




No comments:

Post a Comment