Monday, April 10, 2017

soft hands


I hope I didn't just ruin this.  I've taken a dremel head with a ball to the palm, tapered out the fingers a little, and used some Squadron Green to fill out gaps and holes.  I used Bonded to smooth out the Squadron - but I've discovered that Bondene softens Sculpey if I use too much and the forefinger is now like dough.  Now I'd better leave it alone for at least a day to dry out, and hope it hardens again.  Once it  does - if it does - I can sand and file the fingers smooth again and give it some primer.  Either I didn't bake the clay enough, or it  has enough flexibility that I can bend the floral wire a little after baking.  That helps, the hand looks more natural now.

Hobbytown was out of the Milliput I need, apparently named Milliput White. 

No dreams, no sign of Dana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment